Friday, September 14, 2012

Resolving issues with Eclipse on Ubuntu upgrade

Hi folks,
Today I did a partial upgrade of my Ubuntu and after that, to my surprise, Eclipse stopped working properly.
It gave an error saying...
"An internal error occurred during: "Compute launch button tooltip".org/eclipse/cdt/core/model/CoreModel"
... while I was trying to run my Java App.
Re-install of Eclipse didn't work from Ubuntu Software Center, neither did it work from Terminal.
Even apt-get install eclipse-platform --fix-missing didn't fix the issue.
After going through several posts, I found that a package called tzdata-java has to be re-installed.
So, apt-get --reinstall install tzdata-java finally worked.
This was just the condensed information from different sources and not my discovery! Posted here so that it might be useful to someone.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment